31 Aug. 2020
Tour de France in Moûtiers 16-17 september 2020
Numerous cycle routes criss-cross the region, making it ideal for cycling. A varied relief, magnificent landscapes, a quality of welcome that suits cyclists needs… there is everything you need to live your passion in the best conditions!
To organise your outings:
Download the cycling map
Find out about the opening of the passes
Take to the roads of the Tour de France and climb the surrounding passes, with some effort of course, but what a great reward at the end! A little stamina and motivation will be your main allies to achieve this beautiful challenge!
To vary the pleasures, no less than 13 climbs and 5 departmental routes are accessible from Moûtiers. 3 levels of difficulty to evolve at your own pace (difficult, sporty and moderate).
Take on the Col de la Loze, the latest addition to the 3 Vallées! Reserved for cyclists (bikes, VAE), it will eventually link the 3 Valleys by a cycle route "the Via 3 Vallées". At present it links Courchevel to Méribel and the departure can be made from Moûtiers!
La Madeleine (1993 m),
L’Iseran (2764 m),
Le Petit Saint-Bernard (2188 m),
Le Cormet de Roseland (1967m)
On Apple store et Google Play
- The routes of signposted itineraries, sports routes, circuits, cycle routes, greenways, cycle paths, etc.
- Geolocation to find the route closest to you.
- Qualified cycling accommodation on your route: hotels, campsites, bed and breakfasts, collective accommodation, furnished accommodation.
- Practical services: tourist offices, cycle shops, cycle hire shops, food outlets, restaurants, bars, motorhome parks, etc.
- Events, activities and holidays
- Useful links to find out everything about the opening of passes and water points.
- Advice on how to best prepare your route.
- The possibility of timing your ascent.
No need for an internet connection: download your routes before you leave to have all the information on your mobile.
The national "Accueil Vélo" brand has been set up under the aegis of France Vélo Tourisme.
It identifies accommodation providers, restaurant owners, tourist offices and places of interest that offer services adapted to cycle tourists.
It is the guarantee :
- to be within 5 km of a cycle route
- to have suitable facilities: secure bicycle shelter, repair kit, etc.
- a warm welcome: useful information and advice (routes, weather).
- take advantage of services adapted to cyclists: luggage transfer, washing and drying of clothes, bike and accessory hire, bike washing, etc.