31 Aug. 2020
Tour de France in Moûtiers 16-17 september 2020
Located in the heart of the Parc de la Vanoise in an old sheepfold converted into a refuge, at an altitude of 2145m, it benefits from a protected environment in the heart of the alpine fauna and flora allowing the observation of large mammals and birds of prey.
The refuge is privately run. It is located on the "Tarentaise" side of the Vanoise National Park, on the GR5, at the edge of the PLagne lake, source of the Ponthurin. You will go up between the Mont-Pourri massif, its glaciers and the waterfalls that flow down from it, and the Aliet massif.
The GR 5 passes 10 minutes from the refuge and links it to the Col du Palet and Tignes.
The refuge is open and guarded permanently from mid-June to mid-September.
(no winter refuge).
How to get there :
- from Peisey-Nancroix and the Parc de Rosuel refuge-gate (car parks, shuttles from Landry - SNCF station and Peisey, refuge, catering, via ferrata), in 2h30 (average time) of walking on a good path on the left or right bank of the Ponthurin,
- from Les Arcs and the Mont Pourri refuge (two hours),
- from Tignes-le-Lac (3 hours via the Col du Palet refuge),
- from the Martin refuge (via the Col de la Sachette or the Tourne),
- from the Champagny-en-Vanoise valley (4 hours from the Plaisance refuge via the Plan Séry pass or the Aimes pass).
This refuge has a capacity of 40 people and belongs to the commune of Landry.
Francis, the muleteer, also offers you his donkeys for hire for your walks. Contact him, 2 km before the Rosuel car park.
NB: Dogs, kept on a lead, are allowed from Rosuel to the refuge (but not beyond), provided they climb up the left bank of the Ponthurin.
The refuge is ideally situated for mountain fishing enthusiasts, on the banks of the Lac de la Plagne, a beautiful torrent, ideal for fly fishing or fishing for trout and salmon.
The hut is a depository for the day fishing cards of the Société de la Gaule de l'Ormente. Fishing is open on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and public holidays; fishing for dead or live fish is prohibited. Rates are different for holders of a fishing permit or not.
Open from 19 June to 18 September 2022.
On the edge of the GR5
1/2 day trek :
- Lacs de plan Richard and le col de l'Alliet : Fauna and panorama (2h30 one way)
- Col de la Grassaz : panoramas (1h30 one way)
- From Rosuel (Peisey nancroix), 2h30 trek with view on the glaciers, on le Mont Pourri and its waterfalls.
From 19/06 to 18/09/2022.
Hut inaccessible in winter.